We had lots of left overs and I boiled up the bones to make Jook, a hawaiian/chinese favorite that is basically turkey soup with rice and seasonings. The kids loved that more than the actual turkey. All the hardwork in preparing a nice meal for the family and both kids weren't impressed with turkey for lunch or dinner.
Hanging the ornaments on the tree is another story. As you can imagine both kids put all the ornaments in one spot on the tree, which drives mommy nuts, so after a little convincing they spread them out and made it pretty for mommy. I know I shouldn't do that but they enjoyed moving it around and picking new spots for their ornament
The big tree is actually mommys tree and the kids have their own small tree that they can decorate however they please. This year instead of picking a specific theme for our big tree I decided to let the kids help and have their toys/favorite things on their. So tah-dah....legos & hello kitty along with some other favorites that haven't been put up yet.
And this is what the tree looks like! If time & patience is on my side we may make a garland of some sort to put around the tree this year. We'll get crafty and use pretty paper limks or maybe some foam beads that the kids love to craft with.
Tomorrow is December 1st....It's begining to look alot like Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment