Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Princess Potty


Don'worry Moms & Pops, the pretty pink princess seat that her face a plastered on is brand spanking new and clean, fresh out of the package. She kept doing this all on her own and thought it was the funniest thing in the world. I personally thought she was kidding one day when out of the blue she asked me "Mommy I want a potty seat like brudder (brother). A pink princess one for me mama." I asked her if she is ready to sit on the potty and say bye bye to her dippies (aka diapers) and she kept insisting yes because "I want to wear my Nihao Kai-lan and Cindereduh (cinderella) panties" So off we went to Target in search of her very own PINK potty seat.

There was one lonely princess potty ring left and she was SO excited to see it and put it in the cart. The whole time in the store I hear "I got my pink princess potty seat mama, I get to wear my Cindereduh pantieeeees! and Kai-lan panty tooooo. I'm a big girl!" When we get home she is begging to sit on her new seat. Aside from being excited about wearing big girl panties she also was aware that when we potty train you get "jelly beans" as she likes to call them but we all know them as M&M's, she insists they are "jelly beans". I even got her special pink m&m's since it was out for valentines and this girl LOVES all things PINK.

Eager to sit on her potty seat, eat some jelly beans and wear her "cindereduh" panties, we attempt to go potty. She smiles, swings her feet happily while she sits. Tells me all about how pretty her pink princess potty seat is, points out every castle, glass slipper, flower and carriage printed on it, holds the little handle bars on the side and nothing, just as I expected. It was her first time sitting on the potty without the fear of falling in so I was very proud of her. She got ONE "jelly bean" for effort then said "I'm done." I praise her for initiating all of that and for trying and reminded her about all the potty training rules we talk about. She said okay and went on her merry way.

Prior to all of this we always have talked about going potty and saying buy to our diapers, wearing underwear etc. so she knew what was in store for her. She refused to buy a potty seat and refused to sit on the potty before all of this happend. So of course I went with it and took her to buy her seat. I was hoping that she would be super quick at this potty training thing and get it down in 3days. Little Man had two accidents and turned into a potty pro in a matter of days....before he was three.! Little Miss will be 3 in less than 2months and she is nowhere near ready. To be honest I am not looking forward to pulling over to use the portable potty or rushing to find a bathroom at the drop of a dime right now, but she will be 3 and I hope to have her trained by the end of summer.

So a few minutes pass from her first attempt and she says she has to go again. Same thing, she sits, swings feet and smiles. Then she farts and gives me a big surprised face and says "YAY, I did it mama! Can I have jelly beans now?" I do my best not to bust out laughing because she looked so proud of herself. I tell her "good job! but I don't see any peep or poop so you can only have one this time." She throws me a sad face, says "no fair" and gets off saying "All done", washes her hands and eats her single lonely jelly bean.

And that was it.

No more interest in the potty seat. I smooth talk her, bribe her, entice her with candy and lollipops but Little Miss has lost all interest in going potty. All because mama was too cheap and only gave her ONE jelly bean. Hahahahaha. I think that's what ruined round one of potty training. BUT you would think we successfully completed potty training in 3days after seeing the EMPTY candy jar that held her precious pink "jelly beans". We have the Mister to thank for making them all disappear.

We will start Round Two soon, this time I will do my best to avoid being the jelly bean Nazi and be more generous...I will also hide the candy jar from Daddy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: