Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wicked January

I will start this off with one of our highlights from December. I didn't get to share my Annual Ugly Sweater Christmas Party pictures with those not on FB. I know it's March now but aren't we lovely in our $2 sweaters from the thrift store? I usually start my sweater hunt early in the season but I think all the little old ladies beat me to the game. I couldn't find any "good" ugly sweaters anywhere. Oh well, this was my family sitting by our fireplace. All of our friends come over and we enjoy seeing the tacky & ugly sweaters walk thru the door. Some still smell of potent old lady perfume...you canNOT get that out of thrift store clothes! The kids didn't get dressed in ugliness this year cause I refused to pay premium for clothes we will not use again. Here I am in my Vest and The Mister in his polo shirt, tie and ugly 2 times 2 small sweater. Pretty Nice right?! So that was in December. Just thought you'd like to see that moms & pops.

January was a busy month. Birthdays, Baptisms and Weddings filled the weekends for us. We celebrated the Baptism of our niece at the beautiful Mission San Miguel Arcangel. I love this picture, it kind of reminds me of "the circle of life" :)

All the kids got to go up to the alter and welcome our little cutie to the Catholic Faith.

Next up was the wedding of our dearest friends. The Mister served as Best Man and guess who served as a Ring Bearer?? You guessed it, my Little Man. He did such an awesome job, Mama was super proud. He even threw me a thumbs up before he walked down the aisle. It was so cute!



Then like the end of every January, we celebrated our "Wicked" 6 year wedding anniversary. For the first time we enlisted two of our most loving, patient & BRAVE friends to drive out to the country and babysit our two kids. It was the first time we have ever left the kids with anyone over 2hrs, other than Grandma Ely. Our friends survived and even volunteered to do it again!! The Mister and I drove out to the San Francisco to watch the broadway show Wicked. It was awesome and I would LOVE to see it again. The Mister is not into the whole broadway show scene but he enjoyed this one. I love love loved it and probably listened to the soundtrack one too many times. The kids will say "is this your Wicked witch music mommy??" haha. So here we are, posing before leaving the house and there I am posing by the big ole' poster at the Orpheum. It was a great end to the month of January. I even got a request from the Mister to see another broadway show, Avenue Q...i thought that was odd but now that we've got veteran babysitters in the area I think I see more date nights in our future!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Cruz Family said...

Just noticed your blog link on Michele Q's family blog - I'm so jealous that you guys have a pug!!!! You have a beautiful family! -Nyree