Monday, October 4, 2010

Soccer Saturdays

Here are a few recent pictures from Little Man's soccer games. This past game he was really attacking the ball and going for it. The Little Miss has also taken a liking to the games and will yell "get the ball!!" or "good job!!" Most game days she is yelling, practicing her ballet or eating snacks. This particular saturday she packed a marker in her bag and decided to occupy her time by "painting her nails" I guesss that wasn't enough so she went ahead and started drawing on her face. It was a hot day so she was sitting in the shade behind mommy and daddy's chair very quietly while doing this. It wasn't until another parent said "wow, pretty nail polish" that made us turn around and see her lovely piece of artwork on her face. Guess we should make sure she packs paper to draw on...but I doubt that would have changed anything.





Here are a few action shots from the game. It was a noon game and it was HOT. Little Man's team had 2 boys out sick so they barely got any breaks, they are a team of 8. The boys would create their own breaks and run off the field mid game to sit in the shade and drink some water.




After a hot and sweaty game, there are two things to look forward to: Snacks and the Tunnel.

a sweaty boy and a bag full of treats, sorry I didn't capture the treat bag. Refreshing!


then there is the tunnel. All the parents line up and make a tunnel while players from both teams run circles in and out of it. They love it!


Soccer saturdays are f.u.n :) I will leave you with this somewhat artistic shot. The Mister was fooling around with my camera and took this. I'm going to have to try and get a shot of myself next time. Notice all my lovely freckles...which reminds me I need to buy a beach umbrella to stick in the ground like all the other soccer families. There is no shade at the field. Also notice how thrilled I seem to have a camera right up my face.

No comments: