Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Extreme Home Makeover...sort of

Tah-Dah!...we just repainted the house, nothing extreme. I wish it was one of those Extreme Home Makeover's because I would love a craft room all to myself and a bigger master bathroom, new floors & carpet, kitchen counters...the list can go on and on but we need to hit the lottery first. Bummer.

So this was the street view BEFORE, a 10yr old peachy beige & white


and the front door that was BLUE


and after 2days & 28 gallons of Kelly Moore paint, here is the AFTER
Body: Vallita
Trim: Bone white
Rain Gutters/Roof Trim: Dark Oxford Brown
It looks darker in these photos. We also painted the front porch rails Oxford Brown on recommendation from the painter. It's different from the usual all white rails.


and my absolute favorite part...a BLACK front door! I've always wanted a black door. Sure beats our old Blue one. We have a pretty backdrop for our annual first day of school shots now. Love it!

After driving around and stalking local neighborhoods, we really liked the modern color scheme of a few homes in the area. Alot of homes are being repainted and there were a few homes that really stood out..like a wonderful Lime yellow and bright orange. Yikes. Well the night before we were going to paint we thought our colors may be a little too dark and we called our painter to tell him our concerns...but he reassured us that its a great color scheme and very similar to all the homes we liked. I stood outside staring at our swatches for hours. You just cannot tell how your home will look until its done so you need to really be sure it's what you want....And it sure was. Our home is now one of the darkest ones on the block but we love it. No more orangey beige & blue door.

Now we will be focusing on the front yard. We just called to get an estimate on cutting back the trees and I would like to remove that crooked thing called a bush up against the house (left of the garage door) because no amount of trimming or shaping by the Mister will save that thing. I think it's time for the professionals...sorry honey. I have also been banned from touching the yard or starting new projects in the "garden" due to my failed experiments in the past. But I hope to change that after the husband lifts my gardening ban.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mommy to Tyler & Kendall said...

It looks great!!! Love the black door. When we moved into our house here I told them they had to paint the door (I think it was white or beige or something boring) I told them black or red. We decided on black and I love it (though Jack's jumping on it makes it super dirty) I still love it and your house looks fantastic, very up to date. Whoo hoo for you!